Effective Date: 25th May, 2018
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so
- How we use your personal data, and
- The choices you have about your personal data.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to contact us.
Name of the controller: Eduhub Oy
Address: Eduhub Oy, Pohjoinen Rautatiekatu 25, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
The Data We Collect
Data you provide us:
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Name and password
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Your messages to the Service (such as chat logs and support tickets)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically:
- Data about your account, such as your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- General location data
- Data about your use of the Service, such as your interactions with other users inside the Service
In most cases, we also create a Freeed-specific ID for you when you use the Service.
Data we collect from our partners:
- Data we receive if you link a third party tool with the Service (such as Facebook or Google)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
Why Do We Collect Your Data
To make the Service work
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to
- Create accounts and allow you tod use our Service
- Operate the Service
- Provide and deliver products and services you request
- Send you Service-related communications
To make the Service more suitable for our users
To provide a great Service to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to
- Update and develop user profiles
- Develop and improve the Service experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Service
- Customize your Service experience
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide support
- Provide you Freeed offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by email
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other users
To show personalized advertisements.
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including email) we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service
For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see section ‘Your rights and options’ below.
To keep the Service safe and fair
In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to
- Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features
- Moderate chats either automatically or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving users
To analyze, profile, and segment
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile and segment all collected data.
With your consent
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as using your GPS location to show you local events.
Who Can See Your Data
Apart from Freeed, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Social features are a core component of our service. Other users may, for example, see your profile data, activities and read the articles and comments you have posted.
Partners Working for Freeed
Freeed has partners to perform services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to Freeed´s instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities
In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of usor others.
Advertising and Social Media partners
The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools. These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
International Data Transfers
Different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Policy. Adequate safeguards that our partners may use include standard contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield certification in case of transfers to the USA.
Your Rights and Options
Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
Access the personal data we hold about you
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
How Do We Protect Your Data
In order to help ensure a secure and safe experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We will for example periodically de-identify unused accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest based advertising to anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 18, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a person under age 18, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
This Service is not currently offered to any persons who are domiciled or located in the United States of America. You represent and warrant to refrain from using the Service in any way if you are domiciled or located anywhere in the United States of America. Failure to abide by the foregoing shall entitle Freeed to terminate and delete your account with immediate effect without any obligations towards you.